Friday, December 16, 2011

Best Albums of 2011

This is that fun time of year again to tally up my favorite albums of the year. I originally wasn't going to do this because I'vItalice been so tight for time, but I couldn't resist. It's always hard figuring out which makes the cut, especially when great albums like My Morning Jacket's Circuital, Radiohead's King of Limbs (as frustrating as the release of this album was, I still adore aspects of it), Mayer Hawthorne's How Do You Do, The Antlers Burst Apart, and the lovely surprise of a new Atlas Sound, Parallex. There was also something endearing about Vetiver's Errant Charm that got me...but I could go on all day with more artists and tracks. Below is my top 10 album list of 2011 (in no particular order), and a fun track on YouTube to bop to while you browse the list.

"Stone Rollin'" from Raphael Saadiq's new one this year. I love his soulful goodness and this video is uber sexy!!

Lauren's Top 10 Albums of 2011:
Washed Out - Within and Without
Youth Lagoon - Year of Hibernation
Braids - Native Speaker
Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues
Theivery Corporation - Culture of Fear
Mutemath - Odd Blood
Cut Copy - Zonoscope
Panda Bear - Tomboy
The Roots - Undun
Ryan Adams - Ashes & Fire

...and since these are just a few tracks, Pickwick - their only few songs are loaded with soul (album coming in 2012, I hope!)

What were your favorite albums of the year? Do tell-

No comments:

Post a Comment