Friday, May 11, 2012

What Makes Me Happy Right Now - Kombucha, Pretty Lights, Will Ferrell & Hammertime.


What are you happy for right this very moment?  Instead of complaining, let's dwell on the good things in our lives because there are SO many!

Right now I am so happy and grateful for:

1. Kombucha, GT's original formula with alcohol. GT's kombucha took a hiatus a while back for a bit because of the alcohol content in their delicious, fermented drink.  It was torturous.  Treating myself to kombucha on the regular has improved my health in SO many amazing ways.  GT's finally came back with a new, alcohol-free kombucha which has been better than nothing, but not the same as the real thing.  Anyway, it's back!  I sat in front of the drink section at Whole Foods last night with a smile from ear to ear and picked my absolute favorite flavor of GT's, grape, and the new third eye chai!!!  So glad and grateful there's a few of the old ones back on the shelves!!!  If you click here, you'll see ME on the website-HAHA!  

2. This picture of Will Ferrell. There are no words, just that it's perfect and can bring a smile to any bad day!

3. Pretty Lights. My music choices tend to contain a bit more energy in the spring/summer as the cold and dark winter fades away.  I love Pretty Lights!!  Check out their site, you can download like, all of their stuff.  They rule.  

4. This inspiring thought:
Nourish your mind as carefully as you nourish your body.

5. Stop, hammertime! While on a jog earlier this spring I saw this in my neighborhood.  HYSTERICAL!  I love passing it because it always brings me a laugh.  Silly things that make us laugh are so healthy and I welcome more of them in my everyday life!


Back in March of 2012 I decided to do these posts because it's really easy to be suckered into negative thoughts when we're surrounded by stressful media, unhappy people and whining Facebook status updates. My guru, Swami Vishnudevananda says that for every negative thought you have, replace it with 2-3 positive ones. I love this concept and practice it regularly. I usually find the most effective way of climbing out of a negative attitude is to think about something that I'm grateful for. Feelings of gratitude really lift you up. In honor of this concept, I'm starting a post with this same theme and will blog it regularly. I'll list a few things that make me happy, lift me up and keep me smiling! Let's face it, world peace is something that will never happen. However, I can create my own little world of peace and happiness in my mind through my thoughts! Please give it a try as well and share how it affects you.

No comments:

Post a Comment