Wednesday, June 13, 2012

What Makes Me Happy Right Now - Tons of Firefox tabs, acoustic reggae & keeping the fridge open!

The rain has been so often that sometimes it feels like it will never go away.  However, it's allowing me to enjoy sunshine and blue skies even more when they bless us with their presence!  What are you grateful for right now?


Right now I am so happy and grateful for:

1. The 37 Firefox window tabs I have open. Yea...I've got 37 tabs of different web pages up at one time on my Firefox.  It may sound crazy, but it's how I work.  It helps me stay so organized and allows me to get back to things that I can't take care of at certain moments.  Love you, Firefox, for hanging in there with all those pages!

2. User-friendly sites. Speaking of web pages and stuff, user friendly sites rule.  It's so frustrating to stumble across websites that are confusing or have too many places to click, or links that don't work, or are poorly designed, etc.  Thanks, user-friendly sites!!!  You know who you are-

3. Stephen Marley's acoustic album. His acoustic Mind Control album is the real deal.  You can hear some of it here.  He's my favorite son of the wonderful, Robert Nesta!

4. This inspiring thought:
What the mind believes, the body achieves.  

5. Keeping the fridge open! I know, it's a terrible habit.  Even though I've been out of my parents home for quite some time now, I can still hear my mom's voice nag me to close the refrigerator door while I'm in the kitchen because it wastes so much energy.  Lammer has the same bad habit that I do except he may even be worse!  Sometimes I've walked in on him cooking food at the stove with the fridge door wide open on the other side of the room-HA!  I love leaving the door open while I work in my kitchen when I'm alone and when he's around since I know there will be no nagging (sorry, Mom!).  It's the little things...


Back in March of 2012 I decided to do these posts because it's really easy to be suckered into negative thoughts when we're surrounded by stressful media, unhappy people and whining Facebook status updates. My guru, Swami Vishnudevananda says that for every negative thought you have, replace it with 2-3 positive ones. I love this concept and practice it regularly. I usually find the most effective way of climbing out of a negative attitude is to think about something that I'm grateful for. Feelings of gratitude really lift you up. In honor of this concept, I'm starting a post with this same theme and will blog it regularly. I'll list a few things that make me happy, lift me up and keep me smiling! Let's face it, world peace is something that will never happen. However, I can create my own little world of peace and happiness in my mind through my thoughts! Please give it a try as well and share how it affects you.

No comments:

Post a Comment