Unfortunately, microwave and movie theater popcorn should be avoided since they are loaded with artificial flavoring and processed salt. On the other hand, homemade popcorn is a delicious treat that can be made with all natural, organic ingredients! Homemade popcorn only takes around 5 minutes, so it doesn’t even take that much longer than the microwave. It’s also much less expensive! Every time I make this recipe for parties or events I've got friends and family begging to make more. I hope you enjoy it as much as they do!
½ cup organic popcorn kernels
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablespoons white truffle oil
1-2 tablespoons grade B 100% maple syrup
1. Make sure to have all of your ingredients, pan, lid, and bowl ready to go - once the popcorn starts, you may not have time to dig around your kitchen looking for things! Heat coconut oil in a covered saucepan on medium heat.
2. Add two popcorn kernels to the oil and wait until they pop – this will tell you when the oil is ready. Carefully remove the two kernels.
3. Add the rest of your popcorn to the oil – only enough for a single layer at the bottom of the pan. Put the lid back on the pan, slightly vented, and give the pan a few shakes.
4. Monitor the popcorn (do not walk away), shaking the pan occasionally.
As soon as the popping slows, remove the pan from the heat and let it finish popping.
5. Carefully pour the popcorn into a bowl and drizzle with white truffle oil, maple syrup and sprinkle with a bit of sea salt. Shake/stir the bowl well to coat popcorn.
Since it's halloween, I love adding eyeball ping pong balls to make it spooky and fun!