Wednesday, January 26, 2011

#1 Green Shakes for All!

My favorite breakfast shake is a pint of this yummy concoction. After I emerge from my yoga/meditation practice and/or a good workout, I float to the kitchen and throw the ingredients into my blender then sip this healthy goodness as I prepare for the rest of my day!

Lauren's #1 Green Shake
It's #1 because those are the rough measurements for everything in this recipe, along with how much it totally rocks as far as taste goes!

Ingredients:
1 half of a banana
1 half of an apple
1 handful frozen blueberries
1 teaspoon chia seeds
1 teaspoon spirulina
1 heaping teaspoon almond butter
1 cup coconut water (or filtered water)
1 small handful goji berries

Directions:

Blend in blender until smooth. If you don't have the above ingredients, improvise with other things that you have in the house! My shake is NEVER the same day to day. I switch it up using peanut or hemp butter (in place of almond butter), flaxseeds in place of (or along with) chia seeds, filtered water or no-sugar added juice (in place of coconut water)...etc. Have fun with your shakes and get creative. If I have kale or spinach in the house I'll always add some leaves of it to this recipe for extra green power!

My favorite little guy, Charlie, (to the right), loves his green shakes, as you can clearly see on his face. He enjoys them each morning with peanut butter (in place of the almond butter). He and his Mom have been blending up my green shake every morning and they both can't get enough!

FYI: Chia seeds, goji berries and spirulina are all safe and totally amazing for little ones. It warms my heart that Charlie's on such healthy shakes at such a young age!!

3 comments:

  1. Shhhhh, he doesn't know it's healthy! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Thanks for sharing the recipe of the green shake. I was looking for this recipe as it is a healither breakfast meal for everybody. Please keep sharing the recipes of another green shake.

    Healthy Meal Planning

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC there website is (ultimatelifeclinic. com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete