Sunday, January 16, 2011

It's Peanut Butta Jelly Time!


I just want to mention how fantastic a peanut butter and jelly sandwich can be. It is not only fast and inexpensive - but healthy too. All natural, organic peanut butter, a swipe of your favorite jelly on yummy bread is delicious! You really can’t beat it. I enjoy PB & J's for breakfast or lunch on the regular. They are also my staple meal to pack with me when I know I'll be on the go.

BREAD: I hate to break this to you, but bread ain't good for you.  Bread is processed and loaded with lots of nonsense that doesn't do our body good.  Be sure that if you do have a little bread in your diet that it's a fresh sprouted bread, or at least one that has very few ingredients (that you can actually pronounce).  Beware of gluten free ones, too.  They can be packed with added ingredients and contain a lot of sugar.  Get creative with your PB & J's and try them on a rice cake, make a quesadilla with a wrap, or even between a "healthier" English Muffin!  

PEANUT BUTTER: Plain, all natural, organic peanut butter provides a good source of protein and healthy (mono-unsaturated) fats. Healthier alternatives include those that don't contain any sweetener (or a natural sweetener such as honey or molasses), and flaxseed enriched. Flaxseed gives the butter some added flavor while providing omega 3 and 6 fatty acids. These oils promote cardiovascular health and joint support. Plain, unsalted, unsweetened CHUNKY peanut butter is my favorite.  However, I enjoy experimenting with other nut/seed butters and encourage you to do the same.

JELLY: Fruit preserves are the best choice here as they contain pieces of whole fruit and, therefore, more nutrients. Always look for those containing the least amount of sugar. For extra antioxidants, try preserves from berry sources. Berries are a VERY dirty bunch, so it's always best to buy organic when possible. Sugar-free varieties are NOT the better solution when it comes to jelly (along with other sugar-free products, for that matter). They contain harmful chemicals that will only leave your body hungry for more food because your meal will be lacking what the food was missing and confused because we aren't supposed to consume foreign chemicals. Long story short, opt for all natural, organic jelly when possible.  I love mashing fresh organic strawberries with a little honey to make my own jelly. 

Just typing this with that lovely picture above has me tempted to make a half of a PB & J right now! In the meantime, I'm going to annoy my neighbors by rocking out to the banana performing the peanut butta jelly song.

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC there website is (ultimatelifeclinic. com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete